Snoel Abroad

Sara is abroad again and this time it is in Hungary! I am here in Hungary (in the small town of Gyöngyös) teaching English at a primary school through CETP- the Central European Teaching Program- Follow along with my crazy adventures in teaching and traveling. Szia!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

more surprises

Today is Women's Day. I hadn't heard of this before but apparently it isn't just Hungarian but International Women's Day. The desks in the teacher's room are piled high with flowers and chocolate (and chocolates made to look like flowers). My students keep giving me gifts and wishing me a Happy Women's Day. It's pretty cool. So Happy Women's Day to all of You!!

1 comment:

carrie said...

no joke - a crazy lady in the park told me about womens day but i didn't get any chocoroses. she said it was a really auspicious day to leave for a journey - which is what i did... and therefore, i will be a super-woman in my next endeavors - YEAH. happy womens day babe - i'm in chicago right now hanging out with SamO - we will be making a birthday call soon enuff to the other side of the world