Snoel Abroad

Sara is abroad again and this time it is in Hungary! I am here in Hungary (in the small town of Gyöngyös) teaching English at a primary school through CETP- the Central European Teaching Program- Follow along with my crazy adventures in teaching and traveling. Szia!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

London

so here I am in London! after two long flights and very little sleep. I got in this morning around noon and have been wondering the city in a zombie like daze ever since in an attempt to stay up all day and go to bed at night so that I can get set on this time zone I am very tired! but I made it to the Tate Museum of Modern Art which was very cool- although the surrealist rooms seemed even more surreal in my current state. I get the whole day tomorrow and then off to Budapest!

4 comments:

Kathy N. said...

Hi Sara...only fitting that your first comment should be from your mom, right? I have ne news except that, as usual, I am impressed that you have this tech stuff so together. I can't wait to hear about the Hungary group. xoxo mom

Cherie said...

HI Sara!

Been asking your Dad about you and your travels, so he kindly shared your blog address with me. I am glad we had the chance to meet during your tenure here at DMNS. I am anxious to hear more about you and your travels as you embark on your new teaching experience.

Wishing you all life's best!

Cheers,

Cherie

Lauren said...

Hi Sara....you must be in Hungary. I am at home, looking for a job, going to DC this weekend, trying not to go crazy. :)

I like your blog, but you can clog my in-box with long emails any time! Miss you!

Lauren

carrie said...

What up my dear sistah - maybe when you get home you can teach me good english too - but till then i will butcher it like hell..... i must be a californian, it is unfortunately so. Anyway - the film is in the can - or rather half in my freezer and half in the lab - must send it away before triple eats it - but i'm waiting for my funds to be replenished. So how long can i write on this thing? I have a traumatic story to entertain you with.... let me entertain you..... let me make you smiiiile.

Last Thursday I rented a 17 foot U Haul to pick up the Green screen in the East Bay and it emptied all its motor oil right after I paid my $3 toll. So I sat broken down in the rush hour traffic on the bay bridge - it was herendous - the exhaust, the claustrophobia, the misery - i did cry. ah me. (this is your dramatic sister - and I am playing it all up to deliver a good blog comment.)However, it really did blow chunks! Caltrans towed me off after an hour and a half. and so, I hate UHaul.

However - the chaos is practically over, school started and I taught my first class yesterday, I like the new class and we looked at art and talked about composition . hmmmm - mui bueno. Nellie is laying here, illegally, on the couch - shhshsh. We both wish you well. Go get 'em (those Hungarian school children?)
love you lots, kiwi